Proceed as follows to restart the Java stack of your SAP NetWeaver add-in installation (ABAP + Java):
1. Log on to the ABAP stack of SAP NetWeaver.
2. Open the list of SAP servers by calling transaction SM51.
3. Double-click the instance for which you want to restart the Java stack.
You are now connected to the selected instance.
4. Start the ICM Monitor (transaction SMICM) by entering /nSMICM in the command field.
5. In transaction SMICM, choose Administration ® J2EE Server ® Send Soft Shutdown ® With Restart.
6. The corresponding SAP NetWeaver Java stack for your instance is stopped and restarted.