Most common SPOOL error encountered by BASIS. How do we resolve this issue?
- Execute SM37. You found an error Job. When you double click you found
- You saw the below error
- This error is caused by job spooler is not defined when job creation hence it picks up the job owner’s default output device.
- Since the default output device is no populated on master user record, the job log can’t find the print parameter.
- To resolve the issue, please populate the output device and select your preference for your SAP spool request via transaction code SU3.
- For Output device, you can choose one of SAP printer which has been defined in SAP (you can look at via transaction code SPAD)
- Recommendation: please do not select LOCL if you want to opt ‘Output immediately’. Moreover, this output device is not good for network performance
- Select ‘Output immediately’ if you want to immediate print for every spool request that you create in SAP. Recommendation: do not select this.
- Select ‘Delete After Output’ if you want SAP to delete every spool that you create. Recommendation: do not select this. You can manage your spools e.g. printing, reprinting, deletion, etc via transaction code SP01 as below: